Your favorite healthy meal may be different from your doctor’s or dietitian’s. But that’s OK. A variety of healthy foods can help you achieve and maintain a healthy weight, have more energy, and reduce your risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
To get you started, we asked medical staff from different specialties what their favorite healthy meals are. Here’s what they had to say:
Family Medicine Physician: “I love oatmeal with almond milk and berries for breakfast. It’s filling and has fiber, protein, and healthy fats. For lunch, I like a big salad with grilled chicken or fish, lots of vegetables, and a light dressing. And for dinner, I love grilled salmon with roasted vegetables.”
Cardiologist: “My favorite healthy meal is grilled chicken with roasted vegetables. I also like to add a side of quinoa or brown rice for extra fiber and nutrients.”
Dietitian: “I’m a big fan of smoothies for breakfast or snack. I like to add spinach, frozen berries, almond milk, and a scoop of protein powder. It’s an easy way to get a lot of nutrients in one meal. For lunch or dinner, I love roasted vegetables with grilled chicken or fish. I also like to make homemade soups and stews with lots of vegetables and lean protein.”
Pediatrician: “My kids are picky eaters, so I have to get creative with their meals. One of their favorite healthy meals is roasted chicken fingers with sweet potato fries. I also like to make homemade pizzas with whole wheat crust, lots of vegetables, and chicken or turkey sausage. And for a quick and healthy snack, we love fruit kabobs with yogurt dip.”
Do you have a favorite healthy meal? Share it with us in the comments!
Favorite Meals from Doctors
What are some of your favorite meals from doctors? Here are a few of ours:
1. Chicken soup – This classic comfort food is perfect for a winter day or when you’re feeling under the weather.
2. grilled salmon – A healthy and delicious option that’s perfect for a summer meal.
3. spaghetti with meatballs – A hearty dish that will fill you up and keep you satisfied.
4. roast beef – A classic favorite that’s perfect for a special occasion or Sunday dinner.
5. sushi – A light and healthy option that’s perfect for a quick lunch or snack.
These are just a few of our favorite meals from doctors. What are some of yours?
Favorite Meals from Nurses
There are so many great meals that nurses love, it’s hard to narrow it down to just a few favorites! But if we had to choose, here are a few of our all-time favorites:
1. Chicken Soup: This comforting classic is the perfect meal for a busy nurse. It’s warm, satisfying, and easy to make ahead of time.
2. Chili: Another great comfort food, chili is perfect for a winter night or a busy shift. It’s hearty and filling, and can be made as mild or spicy as you like.
3. Macaroni and Cheese: This childhood favorite is comfort food at its finest. It’s quick, easy, and always hits the spot.
4. Pizza: Whether you’re grabbing a slice on your break or ordering in for a group, pizza is always a hit with nurses. It’s delicious, filling, and can be tailored to everyone’s individual taste.
5. Salad: We know, we know – salad isn’t typically thought of as a “favorite” meal. But hear us out! A good salad is packed with nutrients and can be a refreshing change of pace from the typical hospital fare. Plus, it’s an easy way to get your veggies in while you’re on the go.
No matter what your favorite food is, there’s sure to be a meal out there that hits the spot for nurses. So next time you’re feeling hungry, don’t be afraid to try something new – you might just find your new favorite dish!